Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Weather outside's delightful

Is it me or have we been getting a lot more snow and cold weather these past few days?  I mean, half the winter has not passed us by yet and we have had so much snow that when shoveling there is no where to put it. I think I am getting a little tired of shoveling; Literally! My lower back and legs are so sore, I have found trouble walking these past few days.  I don't remember a weekend that I stayed inside for the entirety of it without at least opening the door for a refresher until last weekend when it was 5 degrees.

But who am I to complain?  In Jersey on that same day, it was -9 Degrees.  That is the most ridiculous temperature I have ever heard in my life.  And then I thought about it.  In China,  the people there are walking around with masks on their face because of an airborne disease known as SARS that is killing off her people.  In Haiti,  people have been dying daily from airborne diseases.  Maybe this cold is a way of cleaning the air.

Sounds crazy right?  I know.  But I have heard that cold temperatures kill airborne diseases.  In hospitals, they use cold air to prevent airborne diseases from spreading.  Maybe this cold weather is God's way of keeping the United States from suffering a Legend type of crisis, though the other day with temperatures so low, it reminded me of  The Day After Tomorrow.

I can't get mad at all the days off I've been getting because of the weather though it is odd that the greatest country in the world gets paralyzed every time mother nature shows her anger.  I know for one thing, I cannot wait until the spring. Looking forward to it. But until then, I guess I'll keep building my snow mountain in this arctic Brooklyn with hope that there will still be room for a little sunshine.

2 comments:

  1. The Day After Tomorrow--that was some scary weather! This is reminding me of my childhood in Syracuse, one of the snowiest cities in the U.S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a conspiracist but I'm leaning towards the idea of an apocalypse.There is too much going on at one time. But the idea of total distruction is nothing new.. so is it fair to say that this snow, and these diseases are signs of the times?

    ReplyDelete