Saturday, April 14, 2012

L is for Lil Something Different

My sister’s baby shower is slowly approaching. When my older sibling had hers, crocheted booties  were used as a boutonniere and guests seemed to like it. It was a nice ornament and luckily, I got a friend of mine to help me do the needlework, so the work load seemed easier.
Now my younger sibling is having hers.  The same friend that helped me before offered to help me again, but I procrastinated and was left with a little bit of time to try to make something happen.

Michael’s is a crafts store that has a plethora of things you can use when you want to be creative. Luckily there is one not too far from my house. I found things there that could really assist me in making something but with an odd twist to it. I still was not even sure what I was going to actually make until my eyes touched upon a few key ingredients.


 I saw ribbons and my mind turned to ribbons and petals as flowers  and sewing it all together. Now even though the idea was in my mind, it still took some sorting and trying to actually come up with a concept that seemed odd at first, but not so bad for a last minute project.  And though I am so not a sewing fan, today, I had a ton of sewing to do and still do. 


But do I love putting my heart into the things I make.  I appreciate the idea of adding your own special touch to things.  Here is just a sample of the final product:

No comments:

Post a Comment