Monday, April 16, 2012

N is for No More Hooptie Sagas

I thought that because I still considered myself a new driver that driving my hooptie was the right thing to do. I still was not ready to consider myself someone who had to be more aware of my driving as opposed to bumping into things accidentally and adding new bruises to my Nissan Altima. That was me, ready to cruise on down the road to anywhere even with a vehicle that was not in the best driving condition.

I mean, he was 13 years old and I still loved him but was not so happy with the fact that he had more tares on him than I wanted to deal with. I mean, all the repairs I did on it amounted more to what I purchased the car for. I have been left on the side of the road waiting for AAA too many times. You know how It can be late on a Saturday night sometimes? You might be left waiting for over an hour in a place where you rather not be standing. I refused to add any more expenses on trying to repair him and was simply driving my Altima in the bad condition it was.

But then I decided that it was time for something new. I mean, I work hard. I deserve to be able to do something good for myself; and I did.  I went from a Nissan Altima to a Honda Accord.

Now it is not just the car that thrills me but the idea that everything works.  His name is Shimmer. His windshield wipers actually move.  His air conditioner works. That is a plus.  There are no leaks.  And he drives smooth.  What more could I have asked for? He just keeps driving me wild!!! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Lol, great post! I definitely had a few hoopties in my day. When I got my first full-time job as a school counselor, I decided to splurge and buy myself a new car. I ended up with a Toyota Corolla. Six years later, and she still drives smoothly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is awesome. So glad you had better luck with your hooptie than I did. That was my first vehicle. I hope that my Honda lasts for six years and beyond because I like it so far. It's a pretty decent vehicle.

    ReplyDelete