Thursday, April 19, 2012

R is for Ride that Bull

I’ve seen video clips of people who ride bulls and it looks not only interesting, but a little scary.  I can’t imagine being the one on a fast and frantically moving bull, but the idea of it has not escaped me. I mean, I’m that daring type so who knows, maybe one day.

Earlier in the year,  I got a taste of what it might be like to ride a real bull.  If you or someone you know, are interested in going in on the excitement, why not head over to Johnny Utah’s located at 25 W 51st Street in Manhattan. It is a good restaurant with a full sized bar that offers after work specials where in the middle of the establishment, you will find a mechanical bull.

Prior to riding this bull, the friendly staff requires any and all interested participants to sign a waiver just in case you should get hurt.  The bull is mechanical, but it does moves similar to that of a live bull. Surrounding the bull is an inflated airbag so that when you fall off the bull, you will fall on something comfortable and be safe from any hard surfaces or harm.

At first I didn’t want to get on. I’m short. For me to get on, I have to do some serious climbing. But also, I saw my friends get on it and thought to myself that the idea of getting on was not my cup of tea. But I was convinced and got on.

I thought I was doing good; holding my balance and riding that bull for a good amount of time.  But when the controller of the mechanical bull sees you getting too comfortable, he increases the speed.  That’s when I started to slip off.  Even with my screams and slipping off a bit, I held on halfway on the bull’s back and halfway off.  My arms were wrapped around the bull tight, but finally, I fell off.

It is a cool place to gather friends to go and have a good time laughing, eating good food, drinking and riding that bull. I really enjoyed it and would recommend it to others. 

4 comments:

  1. You're so brave! I've always wanted to ride a mechanical bull, but I'm too scared. I think if they would clear out the restaurant so I could do it in private, then maybe I might try it. :-)

    Wishing you continued success with the A to Z challenge,
    Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg! It is so much fun though Jocelyn. You should definitely try it. Yes! I am definitely loving the challenge. It pushes me to write even more and I live that. Thank you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know. I was not expecting it to be as fun and entertaining as it was; especially since I was so scared to get on that thing. LOL! But it was great times. You should try it at least once. Go with a bunch of your friends. YOu all can try it.

    ReplyDelete