Sunday, September 30, 2012

Poem: Two Months Deep Into It


 
I was custom built to tread the yellow brick road and reach spectacular results
At the edge of a dream I sit clinging to a cloud looking past my faults
 
I have fire and desire that burns eager to explore life
Full of gratitude and hope even in each of the million paces that seemed trite
 
As I tread into tomorrow looking back at yesterday’s mistakes and learning from them
I’ve come to a point in my life where I feel as if I can walk the earth like a champion
 
All I needed was the motivation to get back on track doing things for myself
I know who I am because I know what is for me more than anyone else
 
Seems almost as if there are flowers blooming everywhere in my newness found
The rhythm deep inside of me pumps hard with my desire to work out
 
And finally I’ve broken down the walls of doubt that kept me enlarging like crazy
I’m gaining ground on my new lifestyle and the change has truly benefitted me
 
I’m more at ease with my own self two months deep into it and I’ve been made whole
This strength was heaven sent and has made my butterfly wings unfold reaching goals
 
Now I know I'm stronger than I ever knew I was
I’ve overcome defeats I never knew I could and that is definitely a plus
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment