Monday, October 22, 2012

Day 2: A Different Song For A Different Caricature


Day two’s photo challenge focuses on what you wore today.

 
So sweet are the stanzas of the climactic poetry of the morning star that comes to brighten the moon tailored sky with its beautiful song of radiance and life. We often flourish under pressure when we realize, it’s Monday morning and time to get ourselves together for whatever it is we have to do.


The questions arise; what will I wear? Do I have everything I need? How much time do I have? Will he, she, or they be okay? What am I going to cook tonight? Where did I put my keys and my metrocard? Are all the burners on the stove off? Do I have any bills due today? Can I leave my car parked where it is right now?
 

How hard can it be to exist in the present moment of the first day of the week back to work or school when we are still in the quiet mood that lax zone allowed. That very star is what helps us to alter our moods, attitudes and styles to respond to the call of our duties.


When I was a kid, I used to be very impressed by labels. If the clothing on my back did not have a brand name signed across it, most likely, I would not want to wear it. I was also impressed seeing my beautiful mother walking with all her gracefulness and royal essence with her sharp suits and high heels. I always had it in my mind that I would one day run to catch a portion of her fever.


I have to admit, I am not an everyday suit person but I like them a lot and often find the desire to wear them for work. Dresses are nice also. I love shoes as well and you might catch me in a pair of beautiful heels every now and then, but not everday. My feet can't handle them all the time.

 
I have to say I reinvented myself a bit this year. I started 2012 with a bit of a challenge. All of a sudden, all the clothes that fit me in a span of a month were no longer my size. To stand on the field of remembrance and attach to it feelings is to feel a surge of disappointment at seeing yourself so gone from who you are and so much more of who you are not, that the green lawns of Prospect Park couldn’t even wrinkle a smile on your face. I was still an amazing woman, but not where I wanted to be in life.  

 
The adrenaline rush of change came bubbling over. Life became a different song for a different day. I started bending all my thoughts towards tailoring my life and the experience accommodated to my needs. And now the same things that no longer fit me are now a little big on me.  I have to say that I am appreciating the differences.


What did I wear today?  A suit jacket and a dress; and it felt good to see and feel that it is a little big on me now. 26 pounds later! Makes a difference I think. It made even more of a difference that I wore it with my Uggs.
 
 
 
Aah! Pure comfort. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment