Monday, October 8, 2012

The Globetrotters at Brooklyn's Own Barclay Center


 
Two things happened today that I haven’t experienced before but I heard so much about; I visited Brooklyn’s newest installment, the Barclay Center and also saw the Harlem Globetrotters live for the first time.

I was invited to go with my sister as part of one of her blogging community's events and had a great time with my family. 

Now living in Brooklyn, sometimes I don’t realize how rapidly it changes all the time, but I think I am really happy to see that directly across the street from the Barclay Center is a brand new entrance/exit to the train station, which means you can come all the way from Long Island on the LIRR or take the B, D, F, N, Q, R, 2, 3, 4, or 5 train and get off directly across the street. How cool is that?
 
 

The Barclay center is beautiful. When you look at it, you will feel amazed at all the excitement that the building holds even just from outside of the place with all the advertisements that are featured; Times Square style but only in Brooklyn. 

Inside, it is spacious, nice and truly refreshing. We even got a chance to check out the 40/40 club that is inside of the center. The staff was polite, the air was regulated well and the bathrooms were clean. What more could a person ask for? I didn’t expect to have such a good time but I did.
 
 

Not only was the place really cool but the Globetrotters did some magic on the courts that had men, women and children of all ages laughing, excited and having a good time together. And wow, nice to see the first woman to ever be a part of the Globetrotters doing her magic on the floor also. Was pretty cool. I can see why I heard so much talk about both.

Here are just a few pictures so you can share the experience.
 





 
Good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment