Saturday, November 3, 2012

Let Your Body Get Lost In The Music


I am used to going to the gym every morning at work but since Hurricane Sandy came and hit New York, Brooklynites did not really have easy access into Manhattan with the trains not running, unless they got on the free shuttle bus to Manhattan or drove with the HOV restriction; so I have been home trying different workouts and missing the equipment and the instructor led classes that I am used to incorporating into my life.

One of the classes I am used to taking is Zumba. I miss all the working out I was doing before the storm. I saw the line of cars waiting to get gas today from my local Hess station and it was approximately nine city blocks long.


I refuse to wait on that line or on the line with hundreds of people awaiting the free shuttle just to get into Manhattan, so I had to make use of what I have home. Yet still, I do not have the Zumba class there, though I do have Zumba for Nintendo Wii. Yet still, not the same.

Once a week, a group of motivated people gather in the group workout room to dance the hour away. After taking the class for a while, one gets used to both the dance routine and the music. I loved the songs from my instructor led Zumba class so much that I downloaded most of them on to my IPOD, added some more dance songs like the wobble and the electric slide and I had my own Zumba party at home. Felt great to shake my body and shake off some calories at the same time. Fun workout.

Here are a list of just a few songs that you might find interest in doing the fun workout of simply getting into the groove, moving your body to it and having a great time doing it.
 
 
1.    Without You – David Guetta and Usher
2.    Good Feeling – Flo Rida
3.    Pump Me Up – Russel Cadogan
4.    Turn up the Music – Chris Brown
5.    We Found Love (Featuring Calvin Harris) - Rihanna
6.    Rete – Kassav
7.    Caramelo a Kila – Carolina la O
8.    Zumba Te Suelta – Raggaeton Hip Hop
9.    I Feel Good – James Brown
10.  Abusadora – Oro Solido
11.  I Love Salsa – N’Klabe
12.  Never Stop – Brand New Heavies
13.  Zumba He Zumba Ha  -  (feat. Soldat Jahman & Luis Guisao) – DJ Mam
14.  Higher – Taio Cruz
15.  Wobble – V.I.C.
16.  Electric Slide – Marcia Griffiths
17.  Dollar Wine – Colin Lucas
18.  Moving to the Left – Paul and Peter Lewis
19.  Everybody – Hilton Jr Dalzell
20.  Buzz – Carimi
21.  Zouk La Sé Sél Médikaman Nou Ni – Kassav

This list is about an hour and twenty minutes of music.  In this time span of dancing, you burn about 500 calories. What a fun way to burn off that Margarita, the lunch you had this afternoon or the dinner portion of rice and beans you just had.  But regardless, dancing is fun and if you love dancing, by the time your hips start swinging to the good sounds, you will forget that it was even with the intention of using it as an exercise, because it is fun.

Enjoy and let your body get lost in the music.
 

1 comment:

  1. I always spent my half an hour to read this website's articles or reviews all the time along with a mug of coffee.

    my homepage :: http://premiumraspberryketonesite.org

    ReplyDelete