Saturday, February 9, 2013

My Fitness Journey

Do what is in your heart to do and you'll find maximum joy in it.

Think about it; if it is love and it is something that you love to do, what is holding you back? I used to love working out but stopped because of external factors that should not have mattered. I even got to the point that I did not want to work out or diet because of how I knew people viewed me or viewed my situation and then I gained and then I started getting sick and then I started praying and now, I’m back on my grind.  

Don't be discouraged or fear the outcome for if it is in you, it is you and was meant to be part of you. I can honestly say that I truly have no regrets about where I came from to where I am.  Who would over fifty pounds later?  Sometimes it takes a person to actually analyze the situation at hand to know that it is time to make a true difference.

Be yourself and let your heart be the guide to the things that will set it free. And, don't ever stop. Even if you have a friend who said they would support, follow or go with you and they end up cancelling.  This journey is yours alone and it is you who has to deal with the ailments associated with it. Did you know that heart disease is the number one killer of women? Scary to think that our weight and the sizes of our bellies can often be the determiner of it!

Whose body is it that you will be working out?  Whose mouth is it that you are going to be putting the fatty foods that won’t benefit your life at all into?  Who is it that will be feeling the incredible burn from the workout while it is being done? And when you look at that scale, whose weight are you going to be measuring; yours or your friend’s?  Things like that are to be considered when deciding if it is worth going the stretch on your own.

A goal set is only achieved if you set your foot forward towards it at whatever pace is in you. Remember it takes an inch to go a mile.

The last time I tried this I lost 50 pounds in three months. Seems like a lot of weight to lose in such a short period of time. I had given up meat and worked out seven days a week. Drastic but true. And it was even quicker to gain back and add more weight to it.  But you know what, it happened and that was then. Now, From August 1, 2012 to February 1, 2013, I lost a little over 50. It took longer because I didn’t go drastic though I did cut things from my diet, but only to proportion. I eat what I want when I want instead but stick to a 1200 calorie diet while doing so and also workout mostly every day.

 
The extra time enabled mind strengthening for my new lifestyle and heart deepening to actually love my new ways to be able to keep it as a constant. But, just because someone else does one thing does not mean that is the answer. What God has for you is for you and never forget that. Maybe you might have a different method that will sufficeth your life; so do it if you have it in your heart to. Remember, change is inevitable and it is better to make the change by decision than because a doctor told you to.  I mean in all honesty, who truly wants a doctor telling them you can't eat this anymore or that you are borderline some kind of avoidable sickness? That’s why I did it and I have found success in it.  All I can say is, God is good and still working on me daily to make me a better version of me.

If you have the heart to do something that is beneficial for your life whether it is giving up cigarettes, losing a few pounds or changing your eating habits and know you want to, there is nothing to it. You got this so get up and make moves. Any and all things are possible if you put your mind to it. Believe that.

Have a fitabulous weekend my loves. Enjoy and be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment