Sunday, February 3, 2013

Strike a Pose or Kiss in Vogue Nails

 


The other day, I was invited to perform and sing with the band Nineteen South at the Caponi Runway Fashion Show that took place at the Hilton Hotel at JFK Airport in the borough of Queens found in New York City.

 
(One of the many beautiful
flowers of a bouquet
that was situated on my table
at the Brooklyn Times Building
where the Annual Accompong
Maroon Get-Together was held) 
The Caponi Runway Fashion Show was beautiful with many designers and models fashioning styles that have yet to be seen and deservingly should be by the general public.  It took place on Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 5 PM. Knowing that I was going to be among models showing off the uniqueness of their petals by looking good and coming out with their chicest looks ever, I wanted to at least be on point in some way shape, size or form. 

That day was a few days after a storm that had come into Brooklyn even though the temperature after about eight days of arctic chills was finally above the freezing mark and even a little warmer, but I hadn’t gotten the opportunity to do my nails. Luckily, I had stopped into my local Duane Reade the day before and came across one of my favorite brands for Nail enticing and more.

The brand Kiss seems to have some beautiful things to make your nails look salon finished.  I have used their nail dresses before but most recently came across other of their nail applications; this time, actual press on nails.

So many designs to choose from (even French Manicure styled nails) and easy to put on without having  to use glue. Simply take the nails out the packet, unpeel the sticker from the back, stick them on to your nails and go.  How can I complain about something so quick and easy to do. I was more than pleased with it and definitely will be using them again.
Here are some pictures to give you a visual of what I am talking about!
 
The Nails. Easy to apply and with a nice look; a salon finish look.
You simply peel off the sticker and apply to your nail bed and go. No waiting for nails to dry.
A really great idea for nail fashion.


 
Just as easy to take off as it is to apply. I simply pushed from the tip of the nail and voila.
It came off.



 

 
No glue stains to worry about like some of the other press on nail brands
would leave as a souvenir on your natural nail bed.

And better yet, no rings of fire left as a memory on your nail bed from the technician
using those electric buffers used mostly in salons when applying tips.
Your nails look clean and as healthy and beautiful as they did even before the press on nail was applied.
 
I think I held the microphone in my hand a little differently this time not just to enhance the vocal enhancer with a big, popping ring that I often wear while singing, but to show my blinging nails.  It felt almost as if I were “kissing” the audience with my hands looking completely done up  and beautiful that day. For someone else, it may not have made a difference, but for me, it made me feel right in place with those beautiful Caponi Runway Fashion Show models doing what they showed those who had the opportunity to see, what in life they truly do best.

Disclaimer: I am not nor have I ever been employed by Duane Reade or the company who makes and/or distributes the Kiss brand. I was not nor have I ever been hired to write or distribute information based on their product. I am however a consumer with an opinion and  a willingness to share quality product information based on my usage and experience.


1 comment:

  1. Happy Super Bowl Sunday!
    I hope you and your family are enjoying a fun filled memory making day! Tomorrow come by the Makeup University blog for a TEEN WEEK guest post from Nicole of Project Inspired! In the meantime, check out this one from Gloria Safar.
    http://makeupuniversity.blogspot.com/2013/02/teen-week-day-2-discipline-training.html
    Ciao ciao for now!
    Cherelynn
    http://makeupuniversity.blogspot.com
    P.S. The February 1st TEEN WEEK blog post still has the 5 MURAD Acne Kits giveaway going! Get in it!

    ReplyDelete