Saturday, October 26, 2013

Everything is Different at the Singer/Songwriter Open Mic at Sam Ash


I enjoy the platform that an open mic provides to a singer trying to test out his or her sound before an audience. Have you heard about the singer/songwriter open mic that goes on at Sam Ash?

Every Wednesday night afterwork at about 6:30 PM, each and every Sam Ash has an open mic dedicated to singers and songwriters. And so, singers and songwriters gather together, share their music and network.  So glad there is a Sam Ash in Brooklyn, NY which enables me to participate and also enter into their original music Instagram contest for a chance to win cash prizes.

I’ve had the opportunity to get down there and test the waters.  It’s not only a great experience but fun. Also, early enough for me to get down there after-work, do my thing and leave in time to make it to sing a few jazz tunes in Queens for Jazz with Attitude at the Manhattan Proper located at 21701 Linden Blvd in Cambria Heights for some live jazz hosted by Jeff Sheloff and Wayne Holmes at 8:30 PM. Wednesday nights are interesting nights for me because they are music filled to the fullest extent.

Here is a clip to the last singer/songwriter open mic event at Sam Ash that I was able to attend.  I performed my song, “Everything is Different Now” with the soundtrack. All lyrics were written by me Stephanie Jeannot. The music was created by Armand Collins and Stephanie Jeannot.
 

 
Thank you for stopping by my Blog.  Have an amazing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment