Thursday, February 6, 2014

A Fluttering Throwback


The following is a throwback story inspired by Mama Kat's Writing Workshop Writer's Prompts for Thursday, February 6, 2014.

A computer has a sense of sometimes messing up things that you start; especially if it decides to shut down on you to do one of its infamous automatic updates.

And so, I was in my studio minding my business and writing a track to some lyrics I had come up with and all of a sudden, an automatic update. It frustrates me when I am given a time of how long I have that I have to keep resetting almost as if I am not the owner of the computer. How could a computer tell me how I need to move forward in using it? LOL!

When I came back and opened up Cakewalk Sonar, the music I had created sounded a little bit different.    Crazy me decided to do a restore from an earlier date forgetting that this track was just freshly created. After the restore was done, the track was no more and all that was left was an unfinished project. Sure it had lyrics and the music there, but it could have had so much more added to it to have made it even better than it is.  

One of my favorite songs I created called fluttering.  You can listen to the song on Reverbnation by clicking here:  Fluttering by Stephanie Jeannot

I was devastated by the loss of the tracks and the knowledge that I would have to start again from scratch to put this song back together. That's when I pulled out my IPHONE and started videotaping clips of singing this song and came up with a short little snip-it kind of video for it. I love trying new things when it comes to music and this was definitely worth the try as I realized from then that I can do video editing; okay a little bit.  Anyway, here is the YouTube link to the video.


 
Thank you so much for checking out my blog post everybody.  A true throwback Thursday type of day. God bless and hope you come back. Peace!!!

8 comments:

  1. that's aggravating. It looks like you're pretty talented after viewing your video. kelley at the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kelley. I really appreciate that. By the way, loved your blog post. You are something else. Lol! Can't wait to read more. :)

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed the song. :) I hate it when I'm in the middle of doing something and my computer decides to shut down. I understand your frustration!

    http://www.ontheedgeoftomorrow.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yea! Computers can be frustrating even though they make life so much simpler. Thank you so much for the compliment. Look forward to read your post.

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, you are SO talented!! I know exactly the auto update you're talking about that the computers do and it IS frustrating. I've had it shut down on me in the middle of a project too so I definitely feel your pain on that one. I hope you keep making more videos with your songs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Truly can be frustrating at time. Oh my Goodness. Thank you dos much for that wonderful comment. Means a lot. God bless you and thanks for inspiring me.

      Delete
  4. You have a beautiful voice and I immediately liked this song as soon as I heard it. I want it on my iPhone! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O wow! Thank you so much for those wonderfully inspiring words. I truly appreciate you. God bless!!! :)

      Delete