Thursday, February 27, 2014

Key in the February Lessons


February may be the shortest month of the year, but for me it created the

longest list of things learned ever in my life.

 

I have to say, 2014 has been good to me so far and I invite into my life and

look forward to the abundance of blessings God has in store for me.

 

So here are some of the things I learned:

 

1. Rest is essential for the body. You must replenish your strength to be able to function properly.

(It's exactly one year since my automobile accident; so! Felt kind of depressed knowing that lack of rest was the factor; even a year later; still tired and not taking rest as seriously as I ought to).
 

2. A silly argument does not require lowering myself to find something negative about the person you are arguing with to use as a weapon. The past has passed away and the present is fresh and new. Don’t let old skeletons take over your spirit. Instead, thank God for being different than you were when you were where you were. The truth of the matter is, it is not about what somebody else thinks but what you believe about yourself.   

 
3. There are so many unique people in this world that you can meet; but it does not take a century to become close to someone. It can be an overnight thing just from saying something like, "hey! Want to be in my video blog?" Lol!

 
4. There are people out there in this world who actually truly care about my

Well-being and I am not totally in the mix of things alone.

 
5. I do not need alcohol to have a great time.

(It's been two months since my resolution began; no alcohol. I haven't caved

yet and think I can keep this thing going.)

 
6. I am a good songwriter.
 
Flyer to my next event on
March 6, 2014 in Bklyn, NY

(To go to an open mic where musicians start playing cover songs you usually do is cool because they know you. But I also have a bazillion songs I have written with music and more still in notebooks ready to put to music. So now
 
I am performing more originals than I ever have my entire life. February 22, 2014 was my first mainly original music show with more to come; God willingly!
 
Praying to come through with my goals of releasing my debut album sometime mid-2014. Like me on facebook for upcoming events and more www.facebook.com/Jnotemusic )

 

7. I chose the right major: English with concentration in professional writing.


 (Okay maybe I chose it for the wrong reason. I thought it would make me a better songwriter. Yet, Video editing and creating shows and flyers is one aspect of it. I am bettering my skill as a professional writer with each new video blog post and I love it. That is how Melodiaz Creations came about. Check out my latest attempt at video editing with my videoblog Rehearsal Notes of JNOTE: Passion Here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-1KKGnDjOs).  

 

8. God is even more amazing than I originally thought!

 

(I'm still here. Crazy thought but if God promises us three score and 10, then I am middle aged. A blessing for every second God keeps me and provides.)

 

9. Love is beautiful and to feel it for someone or to have passion for something is wonderful; and to share it with someone is a true blessing.

 

However you must first love yourself and who you are genuinely.  Believe that you were fearfully and wonderfully made and trust in the fact that God created you for a real purpose, even if you stumble along life’s journey and have faith in something bigger than yourself.

 

And finally . . .

 

10. You can rehearse, rehearse and rehearse but if you never take what you rehearsed outside to share it, it is a waste of time.

 

For the first time ever in my life, I took a chance. I wrote songs using my

keyboard. Not just the lyrics but the music as well. As an arranger, I could

My first time ever playing keys live
always play my song through but never could sing and play at the same time. I found out if you practice every day, you better it and it becomes a part of you. Check out some of my original material on ITUNES keyword Stephanie Jeannot. Here is the link: ITUNES: STEPHANIE JEANNOT

 
So for the first time ever, I tried it live. I felt so nervous, my body shook

like I had Parkinson's disease or something. But I got through it. I found out then that you never know you can do something until you try. And so now I know that I can and will try it again and other things I've been wanting to do that ought to be done because the most important thing anyone could ever truly learn in life is that, "I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul" [William Ernest Hensley].

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. I was gonna just poist that because it was the most important one which is why I entitled the post "Key in the February Lessons," but I learned so much so I posted more than. Thank you so much for checking out my post.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your performance! Putting yourself out there can be scary but feels so rewarding and shows what you're made of. Do you have any videos yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No not yet. Actually just some practice ones but maybe soon.

      Delete