Monday, October 27, 2014

Dishing Out A Plate of Sandy: 2 Years Later

Two years ago today I was getting myself together to go on my very first cruise. 


It was supposed to be on the Carnival Cruise line going to Puerto Rico, Barbados and Turks & Caicos and leaving from New York City. Our boat was scheduled to leave on October 29th but because of the approaching storm, the date of departure was changed to the 28th to try to beat Sandy. I hadn't even packed my bags yet and had a late night gig at Plate of Soul in Queens with 19 South Band the night before. 



That Saturday was spent rushing to get the last minute things I needed as well as getting my nails and feet done. I only had a short period of time to get myself together plus to be at Plate of Soul for my singing engagement. 


While I was sitting at the venue. as I am in the picture above, I received notice that my trip was cancelled; the next few days was history. 


Sandy! New York! State of emergency! Destruction. Thank God we got insurance on the trip and were able to get our money back. 



What a blessing to say that two years later, I'm still here. Could've been worst I guess but I still hope one day to go on a cruise and enjoy it!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment