Sunday, November 30, 2014

Singer/Songwriter Stuart Thomas


Stuart Thomas is a singer and songwriter from the Brooklyn, NY area who is about to release a video for his song entitled, "Can't We Try to Live."  I had the opportunity to sit down with the independent artist today and here are some of the things we discussed about his life and his music.

MCSJ: What is the song "Can't We Try To Live" about?
Thomas: It is about relationships. Basically, the ups and downs of love. It is about a couple who is still together but wanting to start life over again to make things better. 


MCSJ: Wow! Sounds interesting and very real. That is a situation that many listeners will be able to relate to. How long have you been writing?
Thomas: I've been writing since I was in high school. I think it was about 25 years ago in 1989. 

MCSJ: Where do you get the inspiration for the songs you write?
Thomas: From everyday life that people live. From the things that we see in life and from the relationships we tend to attach ourselves to.

MCSJ: Are there any artist or genres that you love to sing or listen to the most?
Thomas: I love all types of music. And it's funny; I grew up in a household where my father sang when he was alive and my sister sings all day long around the house. I went to High School of Music in Harlem on 135th Street and Convent Avenue. I was a member of the Brooklyn Boys Chorus where I've sung opera in Italian and French all over the world including in Italy, Venice and at the world renowned Carnegie Hall and with artists like Leonard Bernstein, Andre Watts and the Philharmonic Orchestra. I also love jazz music. But out of all the genres, I listen to R&B the most. Marvin Gaye, Luther Vandross and Earth Wind & Fire inspire me very much.

MCSJ: You have a lot under your belt I must say. That's impressive. So I know the ladies are dying to know; is there a Mrs Thomas?
Thomas: No. I am single, in my forties and have no kids.

MCSJ: Alright single ladies. Here is a strong-minded and available man without baby mama drama who is going places. Stay tuned for more. Video coming soon! 


No comments:

Post a Comment