Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Undrunken 2014 Love

It is not an unusual thing to decide to commit to something new when a new year dawns. For me, it was giving up alcohol.


When you take a person who has been a lush all her many years of her life, to not drinking at all, it is a big deal. But, exactly one year ago today, on December 31, 2013, I took my last drink. 

I gathered all the alcohol I had in my house, emptied each container into my cup and downed it until there was no more. It was not a sad goodbye because we parted on a good note. And since then, temptation does not augment my decision, whether I'm at a bar or with friends and or family who are drinking while I'm around. I even turn down drinks that people put in my hand. 

Let's see how 2015 will be as I say goodbye to yet another thing that is really unnecessary for my life, even if it is enjoyable. (Not sure what yet but . . .) 


Thank you Mamkat for the inspiration to write this post. To all currently reading this post, happy new year to you and yours and thank you for being a part of my world.

Peace be the journey. 


6 comments:

  1. I am glad that you were able to stick to your resolution!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am actually surprised I did. I used to drink so heavenly. Sure was a real test. Thanks for reading my post.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your commitment! I love the way you did it. Bring on 2015! Visiting here from MakaKat's Losin' It!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Good for you! I am so weak when it comes to cutting out things I really enjoy. I think for me sugar would be a huge one to let go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it. So worth it. I gave up sugar one year for lent and after the 40 days, was so sweet that I kept it for years, until now. I'm greedy.

      Delete