Wednesday, January 27, 2016

A Letter to You from Me


Dear You,


Going outside into the snow made me regret not having a snow blower. Winter white everywhere caused me grief and such despair. I started dreaming about you in June when flip flops rock and dandelions bloom. But instead, I’m buried under layers of wool and with a glass that’s empty and not at all full.

When sunlight heats me up to relinquish my sweaters and the perennial greens of spring keep us from drought from winter’s meltered and the lawn sprinklers stand before me instead of the shovel and I push it to mow the weeds of doubt that the cold winter let climb into my soil. Then I will smile and remember me, you. That’s when I’ll understand what nature was meant to do. And that’s when I’ll say I know that snow helps spring to size. And I’ll celebrate by taking my kite strings for a ride.

So until then, don’t despair the cold because we need it. You’ll already know then what I’m just learning though it makes me pout. Baby it’s cold outside but only for a minute with me until I’m there as you. Hold on because soon to come will be, the stork with this mamakat writing prompt message of what I learned this month about the importance of snow from me to you.

Love me!  

6 comments:

  1. One look at those steps would tempt me to turn around and head right back inside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too much snow for one day but thank God it wasn't as much snow as last year. Every weekend in 2015, it snowed. Smh!!!

      Delete
  2. I would have just stayed in my house and looked out at the beauty. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't deny it Morgan. Snow is beautiful when it's untouched my human hands.

      Delete
  3. I don't mind if it's freezing outside as long as I don't have to BE in it. Leaving the house will get just a little bit too miserable for my taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mamakat. I know what you mean. So thankful that we have been fortunate to have not so cold temperatures this year. Makes such a difference especially compared to last year.

      Delete