Wednesday, June 8, 2016

A Musical Escape

It’s been almost like a centuries old conflict that you have been having with yourself to simply stagger away from the focus of all your yesterdays, todays and tomorrows to escape all concepts of time, just for a moment. You can’t seem to amputate the worries out of your system, even though your attitude is growing numb and stale. The thought that you need to work and work resonates deeply within and all of a sudden tiredness gangs up on you and there is nothing you can do to defeat it.  You must surrender to the tides of rest and relaxation in order to make your life more manageable.

Take a sunny escapade to a foreign land with the Caribbean sun echoing its light everywhere. That’s what Betty Carter said and it seemed to fire up my heart. My foot etched into the sand and joy is being experienced a-la-carte. Okay! It’s imagined but, Isn’t it amazing how music can somehow give you a vacation from even the most trying situations. You listen and in the moment, you forget about all the crazy things going on in your mixed-up world and boom, you are in a safe place, sipping the hypnotic taste of a solemn groove.


No need to stay caught up on your sorrows. Take a journey away from your problems right now with music and experience the pacifying sounds from an emotional distance. Nothing wrong with taking a break from the stress while life is happening.  Getting lost in a song is an authentic way of relaxing your mind.


I am a firm believer of dusting your hard shell off while ripening and maturing so that you don’t go rotten and wilt before experiencing the sun. Let your heart laugh. Plant positivity within by letting the tide of relaxing sounds wash away some of the residue of stress. Turn on the radio and there you have it; therapy. 

Music is a vacation and the parts that make you sing are the post card. Stamp it with a smile and send it to anyone who needs one. I bet you will not only lighten up someone else’s, but you might surprise someone who only knows you in your weighed down mode. Music can have that effect on you. 

Maybe you will find that kind of comfort in my music. Visit my website to hear some of my original songs that I have written and more at http://www.jnotemusic.com

10 comments:

  1. I'm with you on this one. Music, that is inspirational music, takes me on a vacation every time! Can't wait to check out your website of songs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right; inspirational music. I love all music. As long as it has a rocking beat and a great message , it changes my mood. Thank you. I'm excited to hear that. Thanks for reading Carol.

      Delete
  2. You have real talent, lady! Thanks for sharing the link to your music. I really enjoyed listening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I am humbled by your words. Than you so much for checkign out my music. I appreciate you May.

      Delete
  3. Music for me is very therapeutic. I struggle with anxiety disorder and music is my saving grace. I really love this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I love how it changes my emotional disposition. Thank you for saying that. You are just like me when it comes to music. :)

      Delete
  4. "....dusting your hard shell off while ripening and maturing so that you don’t go rotten and wilt before experiencing the sun."

    Your writing might have just made me cry a little. That quote was just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you. Life has that ability to make ya bitter. It's okay to take a break from all the hard work to recharge and refresh, like we would the Internet after it starts acting crazy. You know. Thank you for your awesome comment.

      Delete
  5. What a talent! I loved your description and was with you on your vacation. Sadly I'm more a lover of silence. When the house is empty the noise is off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I understand. I think we all have moments like that at some point. Thanks for your comment Kelley.

      Delete