Thursday, July 7, 2016

Never Bored When I'm Sizzling

I wouldn’t consider myself an anger intensified person though you might catch me a little fired up from something as simple as a busted tail light in the back of my vehicle or over an industrious man who measures love incorrectly and is extremely careless in handling it; the way I’d expect a grown man to anyway. 

The stress of being forced to engage in truculent debates in public arenas is definitely not a deep interest of mine because there is a time for everything and life brings that pivotal time when I have a sweet tooth to be in perfect peace because I work so hard to attain it. But then comes the summertime and somehow my aura performs an edit and I start dancing to the beat of a new drum. It’s like a new start in life for me and I come alive propelling with excitement into my unlimited future. I get excited about the opportunity of experiencing the summer sun and the heat and magically, the volume of my calm nature is turned up and I enter into some of the happiest days of my year.

These are the days when all of my creative elements surface. I guess you can say that I am wild about the summer. It is almost like experiencing heavenly bliss when the possibility of having leisure time to do things that I most likely would not do when I am trying to get through heavy piles of work and stay organized with the tasks I need to complete. For instance, one weekend you might catch me at the top of the Washington Monument and the next catching an enticing show in Atlanta at the Fox Theater. Maybe I’ll be relaxing and meditating on the beach which gives my mind a small adjustment from the overthinking that sometimes happens. I still get surprised at how just simply focusing my mind on the beauty of the weather while lying on the sand helps to support my crown and satiates my internal rage. 



Perhaps this is a time when I can cruise around the world and experience a ripple of change or profess my love for a great book that I had been dying to read and finally give it my undivided attention. Or maybe, I'll come across a really cool Mamakat writing prompt that will make me want to engage in the art of writing something different which pushes me to enter into a different dimension of possibilities in my notebook with my old trusty pen. These many things make a true difference in my world and I no longer feel trapped in the zone. Call it being distracted by the sun. The role contentment plays disenfranchises my grief and makes me whole again for what is to come for the rest of the year.

I guess I could consider summer as the time to rearrange the circumstances of being one of the busiest bees in the hive. The possibilities of buzzing in different sky-ways are endless. No longer must I remain close to my comfort and pulled toward the political energy of a close sting. I can truly experience the visions of another world and dabble into unfamiliar honey that I have yet to taste; even a thousand miles away.


I can honestly say that I have learned more in the summer time than any other season. I am excited to talk about it because this is the time of year that I gain intense interest in exploring my hopes and dreams. I know that sometimes my energizer going and going ability sometimes gets defeated by the scorch and I am somewhat obstinate because I still try to pull tricks out of my sleeve to participate wholeheartedly in every corner of it. But I consider rest the dues you pay for enjoying the fact that summer is the time when you never get bored.

6 comments:

  1. Well... summertime is for you! If that's the time for renewal, exploring hopes and dreams, then soak it all in. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am really enjoying it more than I expected.

      Delete
  2. Summer is the best time to let your mind (and pen) wander.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe how much I actually have been letting my pen wander. More and more than ever. The most in my life actually.

      Delete
  3. I love the way you describe the meanderings that summertime allows. There is just so much to see out there. I am thankful summer brings the time to get out there and see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is so much to see. It's crazy to me that as a New Yorker, I still am not familiar with every corner of it and sometimes find new things that surprise me. I really love the summer for these things.

      Delete