Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Sweating for Photos

Nothing like a little bit of walking and sweating to get to old Montreal and see the most beautiful building (in my opinion anyway) that I have seen in Montreal.


What: Basilique Notre Dame Montreal 
Where: 110 Rue Notre Dame O, Montreal, QC H2Y1T2, Canada
When: Construction on building was completed in 1843 
Who: Architect, James O'Donnell 
Why: To create a bigger gathering place for the growing congregation on the church of Notre Dame which was built in 1672 and was the first cathedral of the diocese of Montreal. 

Ironically, I had been sweating for great photos and I got some; feet hurting and all. 

4 comments:

  1. This reminds me of a trip I took one summer to NYC. There is just something about that stifling heat and humidity on the east coast! The pictures turned out beautifully though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your life. seems like you really do a lot of incredible things. I did not know you were on west coast. I think that will be my next big trip. Thanks Mamakat.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful shots! I've never been to Montreal but it's definitely a place I would like to see should I come into some money! Stopping by from Mama Kat's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You should go. I liked it a lot. Very nice place. Ironically, I had visited it before as a kid but as an adult and exploring it on my own, seem so much more of a place that I actually could love and now have even better memories of. Very happy about that.

      Delete