Sunday, January 22, 2017

For the Love of Ornette

Interested in hearing some beautiful sounds of jazz? 


Check out  bassist, Jamaaleadeen Tacuma's 

"For the Love of Ornette." 



It is an album of jazz where you can hear nine tunes dedicated to the legendary jazz saxophonist; many of the selections which feature saxophonist Ornette Coleman himself. Also, you can hear New York's own, composer and pianist, Yoichi Uzeki doing his piano magic on this fantastic recording.


Get your copy at Amazon.com here: For the Love of Ornette

Speaking of Yoichi . . . 


By the way, if you missed the wonderful interview between program producer and radio show hos Stephanie Jeannot and Yoichi Uzeki, please feel free to listen to the entire program which has been posted onto Soundcloud. 



It was an awesome hour of cool vibes, music and powerful discussion worth listening to. You can check it out here: https://soundcloud.com/stephanay-jnote/jazz-on-the-jnote-yoichi-uzeki-hour


18 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link to listen! Personally to me, the saxophone is the king of instruments! I never played it, I played flute, drums, a little guitar, which I can't remember how to play anymore and a messed around with a few other instruments, but reed instruments were not my thing as much as I wanted them to be.

    I love your music, so if you recommend this I will absolutely be checking it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! You are multi-talented. You know music very well then.

      Delete
  2. YOu have had some great experiences. What a great interview for you to be apart of. I am loving all of your coverage and music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really nice. I enjoyed it 100%

      Delete
  3. There are some great songs on this album. I really enjoy listening to the saxophone, I played when I was a kid. Thank you for sharing this album!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am afraid I am not well versed in Jazz. Although I do enjoy hearing jazz music from time to time, I am not familiar with any of the artist. My daughter is a big fan of jazz. I'll share with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JAzz is such an amazing genre of music. Okay, hope she likes it. Thanks so much!

      Delete
  5. I enjoy hearing Jazz music and will check this out. My brother has played the saxophone for forever and I grew up with him practicing it so we love Jazz in these parts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never really listened to very much jazz. I'm not really sure why that is, as I do really enjoy listening to the saxophone. My son plays the trumpet in school, but I secretly wished he would have chosen the sax! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! The trumpet is such a cool instrument though!

      Delete
  7. What amazingly beautiful music....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently returned from a trip to New Orleans, and I have to say that I have found a new appreciation for jazz music. How could I not visiting that city!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is awesome! I seriously love jazz. I played the trumpet in junior high and high school and, not to brag, but I blew a mean horn! I should really get my trumpet out sometime!

    ReplyDelete