Saturday, February 18, 2017

The Now Moment

Give yourself fully to the adventure of today
(Sarah Young)


1 day = 24 hours = 1440 minutes = 83400 seconds
1 year = 365 days = 8760 hours = 525600 minutes = 3153600 seconds

More times than I can count, I have suffered the blows of everyday life. At the end of many of those days, after spending time worrying, all it gained me was time spent unacknowledged. It’s been my experience where I spent time being over-dramatic over falling during my exodus from my youth and saw my fall as a fatality, with my own blood on the ground, instead of seeing the bright side of the pit stops I made falling forward into new opportunities and successes with the new repertoire of knowledge and skills I gained from falling.


We don’t receive wisdom;
we must discover it for ourselves
after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us
(Marcel Proust).



Over the course of my life, I have had memories of both good and bad reverberate across the decades of my life. But the bad seem to linger forever.


If you have lived 35 years, you have seen
12775 days = 306600 hours = 18396000 minutes = 1103760000 seconds.

Make sure those billions of seconds of life include hope in possibilities, a mustard seed of faith, forgiveness for your past experiences, hurdling over rejection and climbing mountains, moments of pure joy, self-love, familial, neighborly and agape love, seeing and knowing with your own eyes and senses more than just your back and front yard, floating with interest into the day full of new mercies to pursue without running away from truly living it, aroused trust in your abilities, knowing that you are so very, loved and blessed and, with a reason to smile.

He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart
(Psalm 91:4)


The Bible says that God loves is more plentiful than all the grains of sand on the earth combined. One cup of sand has seven billion grains of sand in it. Do you know how tremendous that really is? 

It means that you, the wonderfully, fearfully made is nothing short of extravagant. It means that if you think you have no one on your side, you always have someone in those 525600 minutes, roaring support. Don’t let one day pass by without truly entertaining the joys of the gift of the new set of 24. Be fully present in the moment and enjoy it as much as you were uniquely created to. 

Have a wonderfully blessed weekend!


21 comments:

  1. It is so easy to dwell on the past - especially the bad memories or mistakes. Also to see how things have not turned out according to our plans. This is a good reminder to live now and enjoy life as it comes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Life just keeps on moving and we might miss the moment if we let it slipping by not being in the moment.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes it's just amazing what God can do and has done. I'm trying to live more in the now and let the Lord lead me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's quite crazy when you break down a day, month or even year into seconds or hours! We have a lot of time on this planet and it's up to us to use them wisely, doing things which make us happy and bring value to our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this post! It's amazing how many things we go through that probably also shape the decisions we make in life. It's important to realize that God's love abounds higher than the experiences we have and that he'll give us all we need and then some. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found this really fascinating with all the math. In the end don't waste anytime it is all precious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing I look back and see the things that have shaped us--good and bad. Have a wonderful, restful Sunday ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely try not to let good memories be overshadowed by bad ones. I also try to live every day to the fullest - life is way to short not to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the thought-provoking and inspirational post. I have a bad habit of worrying about things I can't change. I should try harder to simply pray my worries away and leave it in God's hands.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhh this post definitely makes me reflect! Crazy how our life choices, even the littlest of ones shape our lives into what they are today

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post reminded me such much of a wonderful song from one of my favorite musicals: Rent. 525,600 minutes. Always striving to live in the now--still need to work on it, but doing my best. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It can be tempting at times to focus on the past or worry about the future. Part of my goals for 2017 is to live in the present more. As they say, theres no time like the present.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's far too easy to let the past get the better of your present. I'm awful at it - I try so hard not to dwell, but it's hard.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow .. that's a lot of hours, minutes and seconds. I absolutely agree with everything that you have shared and a lot of us, including myself ponder on the past a little too much.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this is awesome, a lot of times I forget to remember the good times. The older I get the more I enjoy the small things in life.

    ReplyDelete
  15. One of the things I want to do in life is to live it to the fullest each day, but sometimes circumstances makes it hard.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am all for being present in the moment. So many times I find myself all over the place and it doesn't allow for me to appreciate what I truly have!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing when you break it down like that. I have lived a lot of seconds. Tryingto live in the moment, but it an definitely be hard to do!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a beautiful message. We should all learn to live in the moment. We're often too busy planning ahead that we forget about being here now, enjoying the things that are in the present.

    ReplyDelete