Friday, April 28, 2017

X is for Xylotomy of My Writer's Block

While conducting xylotomy, I came to understand what happened when I just couldn’t think of anything to write and the ink never blotted and my paper was like a barren land.

Thank God for the xyst that sprouted out of my mind’s xerosere during times of writer’s block. The seeds turned to sprouts of written words on paper. Suddenly I feel as sweet as xylose.  

It turned the gray feeling to xanthous.  Ironically, it not only colored me yellow but other spring colors, externally too. Now I am storming so much that the words float like a xebec on the high tides of sea.


I am feeling a little bit extra royal today as the sun is inspiring me to shine my xanthous, extra bright. Now I am writing and it seems as if I am almost at the summer of my conception and it feels good. 

From A to Z and I am at X. Who would have thought that I could inspire myself to do it? And I did.  

You might understand how it feels, if you have ever been in my position where all of a sudden, as a writer, extracting writing doesn’t seem to happen because you are blocked. You aren't able to storm a single sentence and the motivation doesn't even seem to be there. But who is a writer that does not write? I have a garden of ideas blooming in my mind and here we are almost at the end of my own prompting challenge journey. 

Yet, I never examined my scribing truth so closely until today because I am not a xylotomist. I'm just a writer and I'm extra happy about it! 

16 comments:

  1. LOL! From A to Z ... I love it. And I had to google most of your x-words. I'll try this trick next time I'm stuck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I am so glad that it worked. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you found the inspiration. I have been there far too many times. Very creative post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate whan it happens. Very discouraging.

      Delete
  3. Oh boy, what a creative way to work through writer's block. I've been struggling with it for a while now, but hopefully more sunshine will help in the coming months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a helpful way to get through it.

      Delete
  4. Ah gotta love writer's block! It comes at the worst of times too! Great creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to get through your writer's block. So creative. I'll try this next I experience it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should. It is so helpful.

      Delete
  6. Interesting approach to ending writer's block. You did a great job with such a challenging letter like "x".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The challenge of it was the best part for me. LOL!

      Delete
  7. You are teaching me some new words! Love this series :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you made the letter X work, impressive! Getting over writers block is tough, we all have those moments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do right. But thank God when we can get over it.

      Delete